Super foods are quite popular these days. The popularity is real because of the special nutrients that these foods contain. The number of nutrients and dietary fibres distinguish these special foods from the other foods. This is why they are known as nutrient dense foods.
Simple daily diet is not enough to cope up with the health needs that exist today. Foods loaded with a good dose of vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and other nutrients are needed to stay healthy and fight diseases.
How do super foods help?
When super foods are consumed, they supply the necessary nutrients to the body, which enables the body to reduce deficiencies and fight diseases by strengthening immunity. The high nutritional level automatically reduces the nutritional deficiency in the body. In fact, regular consumption of such foods can immediately improve health.
Following are some of the common features of super foods that contribute towards their super goodness:
- 1. Low in Calories
- 2. Fight diseases attacking the body
- 3. Rich in nutrients
- 4. Rich in antioxidants and good enzymes
- 5. Reduced risk of cancer, heart diseases, diabetes and many other health issues
Some of the common benefits of consuming super foods are:
- 1. Increased Energy
- 2. Weight loss and healthy weight management
- 3. Better immunity
- 4. Improved focus
- 5. Strong body
- 6. Reduced risk of diseases
You all might have heard about super foods like kale, goji berries, avocados, acai berries, maca etc. which are not really available at all places in our country since these foods are native to other countries and continents. In fact, most of the popular or trending super foods all come from the continents of South America and Africa and can’t be found in the small stores and vegetable shops. Since these super foods are not very common, we took a different road to bringing better and more common choices for you which have been used since centuries in India. Unfortunately, their benefits have long been forgotten and only exist in our minds as comments and advice given by our grandparents.
- 1. Turmeric: We already know the benefits of this ancient spice which is native to India. What we don’t know is that it is one of the most beneficial super foods and has proven beneficial properties for the human health which is why it’s used has increased many folds in the west.
Turmeric is rich in an active compound called curcumin which is the main power of turmeric. Turmeric is known for its effective anti-inflammatory properties and helps in relieving inflammation and pain. It has gained popularity as a super food due to its ability to bring down the blood sugar and cholesterol and improve digestion. Turmeric helps in relieving muscle soreness, kidney and liver problems and is a very strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Moreover, turmeric is one of the few foods that have anti-microbial properties which helps it fight bacteria, fungi and virus. This is the reason why Preserva Wellness has done extensive research on Turmeric and Curcumin to bring world class products and the widest range of Curcumin supplements to users.
- 2. Asparagus: Asparagus also known as Shatavari, is a herb that is categorised as a super food due to the presence of a large number of vitamins and minerals. The presence of a variety of minerals improves the energy levels of the body and boosts the immune power. Shatavari is especially beneficial in maintaining and improving fertility and ensuring optimum hormonal balance in the body. The chromium content helps in insulin resistance which helps in healing diabetes. It can be found in Preserva Wellness Boosthealth for women and Vitalboost Tablets for men.
- 3. Moringa: Moringa is a plant which originated in India and then became popular all over the world due to its numerous benefits. It is known as sahijan and its stems as drumsticks used in sambhar. It is a real super food as it is loaded with vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron, protein and amino acids. When compared with green vegetables and fruits, this herb has a comparatively higher quantity of vitamins, minerals and protein and especially calcium. The concentrated quantity of its nutrients helps in combating malnutrition and strengthens bones. It is extremely good for detoxification, helpful in building muscles and is the best plant-based protein source. Moringa is used in Preserva Wellness Bonboost Tablets which is a natural calcium and multi-vitamin and Immune Boosting Tea!
- 4. Garlic:Garlic is a super food that has anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties. The nutrients present in garlic like vitamins, calcium, copper, selenium boost the immunity drastically. Garlic is generally used for its flavour and aroma. The use of garlic helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It has the ability to increase the good cholesterol in the body and reduce the bad cholesterol levels. Garlic also helps to increase metabolism in the body and we use it in Turmlitegold Capsules for weight loss. This super food is also known for its role in treating respiratory infections and other allergies.
- 5. Lemon: The sour, tangy taste is all we can think of while we discuss anything about lemon. But along with its amazing taste, it has many qualities in it which make it popular as a super food.
Lemons are easily available and are loaded with the goodness of Vitamin C. The rich content of antioxidants makes lemon a super food. Just the aroma alone has a great effect on anxiety and stress. Lemons energise the body and make us feel relaxed. The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon work miraculously well towards reducing inflammation. Lemon juice enhances digestion, helps break down food and also helps in detoxification. It is found in Nutrixgold Juice for increasing metabolism, Daily Detox Tea to rid the body of nasty wastes and Lemongrass is used in Daily Calm tea for its relaxing and calming aroma.
How to derive benefits from these super foods?
Super foods are very important for maintaining the overall health of the body. These foods can take nutrition of the human body to an altogether different level. Super foods are simple to consume and can be taken in several forms. The best way to include super foods in our daily diet is in the raw form, but this can be really time taking and difficult to do. So, the second-best way to include these super foods in our diet is through health supplements. Opting for 100% natural nutritional supplements with the ingredients mentioned above can be really beneficial.
Since there are many health supplements present these days in the market, be careful before buying anything and don’t forget to check the list of ingredients. A smart buyer can become a super fit person by choosing super foods.