Sexual health, the least addressed area of health remains an area of curiosity. A state of good reproductive or sexual health and hygiene is an essential part of complete health according to the World Health Organisation. To have a responsible, satisfying and safer sex life, addressing sexual health is significant.
As one steps into puberty or adolescence, there are lot of changes in the physical appearance and hormones in boys and girls. The excitement of growing is accompanied with questions about physical and emotional self. And, here arises the need of educating them about sexual health which if done in childhood is of an additional advantage. Knowing about the patterns of sexual, emotional, hormonal and physical growth helps one lead a life with comparatively lesser risk.
Lack of knowledge about sexual health is more likely to lead to an increased risk of poor sexual health in future. A recent study has found that poor sexual health is more common in women than in men. This study further continued that around 14 % pregnancies among women under the age of 20 years are unplanned. 34 % of adolescent married girls admitted that they were physically, emotionally or sexually assaulted.
Let us look at the common reproductive or sexual health problems in women:
- Inhibited sexual desire: Hormonal changes, stress, fatigue can lead to lack of sexual interest in women. When one gets bored with regular sexual routine, it may also contribute to lack of enthusiasm. Lifestyle factors such as careers and care of children can also lead to decreased sexual desire.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse can be caused by a number of by a number of factors such as vaginitis, sexual phobia or fear or a previous traumatic painful experience.
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease: Irregular periods and multiple cysts in ovaries in PCOD contribute to poor reproductive or sexual health in women. The ovaries and adrenal glands of women in PCOD produce more than required male hormones. PCOD can be a reason of infertility in women.
- Lack of nutrients causing poor sexual health: If you are not fuelling your body with important nutrients, you are likely to have a poor sexual health. Trans fats, saturated fats, added sugars and sodium should be in limited amount. To improve sexual health, eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and lean protein. Reduce alcohol consumption and smoking as they can interfere with your sexual health.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Imbalance in hormones like thyroid hormones can be responsible for poor sexual or reproductive health.
Curcumin-based herbal tablets called Boosthealth Tablets have shatavari and Ashwagandha and help women fight with causes interfering with their sexual and reproductive health. These tablets also provide multi-vitamins that uplift women’s sexual health.
Poor sexual or reproductive health is also the cause of poor health of men. Let us delve into common sexual problems in men:
- Low Sperm Count: On ejaculation, when a man’s sperm count is lower than normal in semen, he is considered to have a low sperm count. It may be caused by smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, obesity, direct heat to groin.
- Low Testosterone: Testosterone is a hormone that influences a man’s body, sex drive, and muscle and bone strength in adulthood. Low testosterone causes low libido, poor erectile function, and overall reduction of sexual activity. It may result from health conditions like diabetes, obesity, infection.
- Erectile Dysfunction: A man is unable to achieve or maintain an erection for intercourse in erectile dysfunction. When ED is an ongoing issue, it can affect a man’s self confidence and can negatively influence his relationship with his partner.
- Premature Ejaculation: When ejaculation or expulsion of semen happens within a few moments of beginning sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation, man is said to have premature ejaculation. It may be due to stress, depression, unrealistic expectation or pressure about sexual performance, lack of confidence, relationship problems and decreased serotonin.
- Delayed Ejaculation: When there is difficulty or inability to achieve an orgasm or to ejaculate semen in a man, it is known as delayed ejaculation. It affects nearly 1 to 4 percent of men and can occur due to alcohol, depression, certain conventional medications, nerve damage, diseases such as diabetes and increasing age.
Vitalboost Tablets are curcumin-based herbal tablets which have been designed for improving men’s sexual and general health and contain herbs like kaunch, gokshur, shatavari with curcumin. These tablets provide multi-vitamins, improve muscle mass and strength and reduce fatigue. Vitalboost Tablets address the causes of poor sexual or reproductive health in men.
Maintaining reproductive health shall not be a choice. It is a necessity for men and women alike. Loving yourself and having a healthy relationship with your partner is essential for staying in good health. Unwanted sexual health problems can be saved only if precautions are taken in time. Healing is possible when problems are addressed in time and is even more beneficial if done the natural way. A stitch in time saves nine!