Detoxification is the physiological removal of toxic substances from the body. In the human body, detoxification is carried out by the liver. In other words, it can also be known as cleansing of the blood. The body removes impurities from blood through kidneys, lungs, intestines and skin. A good detox programme is required for a clean and healthy body.
Some symptoms that signify the need of detoxification are:
1. Constant gas problem or flatulence
6. Fat around the belly
7. Mood swings
8. Low energy
9. Bad breath
10. Heaviness in the body
After the body goes through the process of detoxification, the body feels energetic and becomes stronger.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Raw foods like cucumber, lemon, gooseberry are highly useful in the detoxification process.
- Go for a detox diet that comprises of aloe vera and fruit juices
- Eat lots of salad and drink fruit smoothies
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day
- Follow a good exercise routine
- De-stress the body and mind with yoga and instrumental music
- Regulate your sleep cycle
- Do not eat fatty and oily foods
- Do not indulge in alcoholic and aerated drinks
- Do not eat sugary and salty foods
- Do not eat spicy food
- Quit smoking