Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a health condition in which the blood sugar levels are considerably high due to various reasons. It happens either because the patient’s body does not respond to insulin or because of inadequate production of insulin by the pancreas. Insulin is a hormone produced in one part of the body to have an action on another. It is a protein responsible for regulating blood glucose in the body. There are three main types of diabetes, i.e. Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and Gestational diabetes.
Some common symptoms that help in diagnosing diabetes are:
2. Frequent urination
3. Blurred vision
4. Gastric issues
5. Abnormal weight loss or weight gain
6. Bad breath
7. Tingling in hands and feet
8. Abnormal thirst or hunger
Type-1 Diabetes: This type cannot be cured as there is no insulin production in the body. It typically appears in childhood but can manifest at later stages as well. The lack of insulin makes the body unable to control blood glucose level and causes destruction of cells in pancreas.
Type-2 Diabetes: This type, known as non-insulin dependent, commonly appears in adulthood. It causes insulin resistance where more insulin is needed to absorb glucose in the cells. This type can be managed through allopathic medicines but they lead to liver and kidney damage. The best remedy is use of natural supplements.
- Keep a track of blood sugar level regularly
- Maintain a strict, healthy, nutrient dense diet
- Exercise regularly as per your capacity
- Use nutritional supplements that can help in treating diabetes naturally
- Take advice from a good doctor
- Do not eat sugar or sugary foods
- Do not drink sugary juices and drinks
- Do not stress out yourself
- Do not take any medicine without consulting the specialist