Diarrhoea is a health condition in which the person has at least two to three bowel movements in a day. It is a condition where a person passes looser and frequent stools than normal. The stools cause loss of water in the body along with pain in stomach. It spreads with the use of contaminated food or water. When this issue lasts for a couple of days, it is known as acute diarrhoea. And if it lasts for more than two weeks, it is known as chronic diarrhoea.
It is basically the inability to digest food or certain types of food. It can be cause by bacteria such as E. Coli or campylobacter, virus such as norovirus or rotavirus or fungal infections. Chronic diarrhoea needs special medical attention.
Signs of Diarrhoea:
1. Excessive passing of loose stool
2. Blood in stool
3. Persistent vomiting
4. Severe or continuous stomach ache
5. Unnatural weight loss
6. Signs of Dehydration including drowsiness, passing urine infrequently and feeling dizzy
7. Dark or black stool
- Drink lots of water but very slowly and steadily
- Include fluids like coconut water and juices
- Eat light foods that are easy to digest
- Get enough rest
- Follow an elimination diet which doesn’t include problematic foods
- Do not exercise in such conditions as it can cause further weakness
- Do not cut down sleep
- Do not skip medicines. Consult a doctor and keep the medicine schedule strict.
- Do not worry or stress out