Every day we get exposed to chemicals, water contaminants, radiations, heavy metals and pesticides. These toxins get settled in the kidneys and the liver, which are the main toxin removing organs. This build-up of toxins slows down liver functions and prevents the utilization of nutrients.
Some signs and symptoms of liver toxicity are: negative emotions, fatigue, lethargy, excessive perspiration, jaundice, lack of appetite, nausea, vomiting, trouble in digestion, allergies, abdominal pain, bloating, feeling drained, abnormal blood sugar, change in urine colour etc. The most blatant sign of all these is chronic fatigue.
Liver toxicity can be caused due to hepatitis, excess alcohol consumption, over the counter pain medications, prescription drugs and chemical toxicity. Chemical toxicity, whether through industrial chemicals or drugs and medicines is also known as Hepatotoxicity.
- Eat dark green leafy vegetables and maintain a fibre rich diet
- Stay away from refined and junk foods
- Drink minimum 3-4 litres of water to flush out toxins from your body
- Add herbs and certified trusted herbal supplements to your diet
- Don’t consume alcohol as this can cause liver cirrhosis and permanent damage
- Don’t sit the whole day or have an inactive lifestyle
- Don’t carry extra body weight
- Do not consume excess fat and sugar
- Do not consume genetically modified foods as they contain chemicals
- Reduce animal protein
- Avoid excess allopathic medicines