A tired and lethargic body signifies low energy levels. Whatever food we eat is broken down into glucose that is responsible for inducing energy in the body. When the body doesn’t get enough energy, it is likely to feel lazy and sleepy. Low energy creates difficulty in performing day to day activities. It is a signal to our body stating that the body needs good quality food, enriched with nutrients along with proper care.
Reasons of low energy in the body are:
1. High stress level
2. Confused state of mind
3. Poor diet
4. Lack of sleep
5. Prolonged sickness
6. Lack of water in the body
7. Hormonal imbalance
8. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 or Iron
9. Lack of exercise
- Eat healthy and nutritious food. Include sources of Vitamin C such as gooseberry (amla), lemon and other citrus fruits.
- Drink 3-4 litres of water daily
- Choose a regular balanced diet, enriched with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals
- Reduce stress and worrying
- Follow a fitness regime
- Get timely body checkups done to get an idea of the hormonal levels in the body
- Take nutritional supplements to increase the dose of energy
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not smoke
- Do not take medications without consulting a doctor
- Do not drink tea or coffee. Caffeine can frequently alter the energy levels of the body.