Immunity is the mechanism that protects us from bacteria, viruses, fungi and from various diseases. Sometimes it gets weakened due to poor diet, stress or some kind of illness which prevent our immune system from performing its basic functions.
Some people frequently catch infections like cold, cough, sore throat, flu and allergies repeatedly within a short time span. They are more vulnerable to frequent infections and this a major sign of low immunity. Low immunity means low internal strength to fight with pathogens. The main function of the immune system is to protect us from any infection or disease.
There are many factors that contribute to low or weak immunity such as: improper nutrition, stress and low physical activity. Dehydration, excess consumption of sugar, being sedentary, excess weight can also lead to poor or low immunity. We can support the immune system by various approaches like adopting healthy habits and diet, exercise, stress management and adding curcumin based herbal supplements in our daily life.
Immunity is the body’s ability to resist a particular disease. A healthy immune system recognizes pathogens and has the ability to form anti-bodies to fight them.
There are four types of immunity:
1. Innate which is the body’s natural resistance
2. Adaptive which develops after a disease or through passing placenta
3. Passive which is the passing of maternal tetanus antibodies through placenta
4. Active which develops after exposing the body to an antigen to generate an immune response
- Eat nutrient rich fruits and vegetables daily
- Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body, at least 3-4 litres
- Wash your hands frequently to stay away from infections
- Eat superfoods and immunity enhancing foods rich in antioxidants
- Use curcumin-based supplements
- Do not undergo situations with excessive stress
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Stay away from negative thinking
- Avoid excess sugar and unhealthy foods