Fertility is a way or the ability to produce offspring and reproduce naturally. Fertility depends on various factors such as general health, genetics, diseases, hormonal level, and the fitness. Nowadays fertility is a matter of growing concern, especially among males due to lack of time, erratic work hours, demanding lifestyle and job, unavoidable family obligations and high level of stress. Male infertility is known to affect one in every six men. Infertility is not always a lost cause, it can be improved by choosing a less stressful lifestyle, foods, supplements, nutrients and herbs like shilajeet, shatavari, turmeric, ashwagandha etc.
Male fertility also depends on having a healthy reproductive system and factors like libido, sperm count, sperm motility, testosterone level and many more.
There are four main causes of infertility in males:
1. Hypothalamic or pituitary disorder (1-2%)
2. Gonad disorder (30-40%)
3. Sperm transport disorder (10-20%)
4. Unknown causes (40-50%) such as stress, lifestyle, eating habits, compatibility with partner, injury, alcohol and smoking etc.
- Do consume a healthy diet
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Seek medical help
- Take medications to increase sperm count but remember they have a side effect
- Use herbal supplements containing shatavari, shilajeet, turmeric and ashwagandha as they have proven effects for treating infertility
- Wear looser underwear like boxers
- Wait for an injury to heal if that is the scenario
- Don’t take steroids
- Don’t smoke or drink excessively
- Don’t take long, hot showers
- Don’t put yourself in stress inducing situations and constantly think about infertility as a problem