Nephrotic syndrome is a disorder in which there are traces of protein in urine. These traces are more than the usual levels. This syndrome can target any age group and happens because of the improper functioning of glomeruli in the kidneys. Glomeruli serve the purpose of filters which remove waste products from our body. Due to the defects in glomeruli, large amount of protein is lost in the process of urination. This defect in glomeruli is called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and causes swelling in the body tissues. The secondary cause of nephrotic syndrome in adults is diabetes. Prolonged nephrotic syndrome causes kidney issues.
Some common signs of nephrotic syndrome are:
1. Weakness and tiredness
2. Swelling in the body specially legs, feet and ankles
3. Frothy urine
4. Low or excess protein levels in the blood
5. Loss of hunger
6. Too much cholesterol in your blood
7. High levels of triglycerides in your blood
- Get yourself diagnosed properly. Do not take the issue lightly. Consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Opt for nutritional supplements that can help naturally in resolving kidney issues
- Prepare meals at home. Eat healthy and nutritious food.
- Do not consume excess salt
- Do not take medicines without consulting a doctor