Acne is also known as acne vulgaris or more commonly as pimples. It is a skin disease that occurs when skin pores get clogged with dirt, impurities, dead skin cells and skin oils. This skin issue is characterised by inflammation, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and excessive oil secretion. It can anyone irrespective of age and gender though it is more common during pubescent years affecting teenagers.
Acne can occur on the face, back, neck, chest and arms. The oil glands produce sebum which combines with dead skin cells and gets clumped into a plug. When this plug gets infected by bacteria, there is swelling on the skin which takes the form of acne. Generally, it is caused by stress, greasy cosmetics, hormonal changes and menstruation.
- Get enough exercise to release toxins through sweat
- Get enough sleep to keep stress levels in check
- Drink lots of water daily
- Clean and wash your face regularly to swipe out the bacteria from the skin.
- Do not over exfoliate
- Do not use chemical products on the skin as it can worsen the situation
- Do not eat sugary and oily foods
- Do not keep touching your face throughout the day as your hands contain germs
- Do not use dirty unwashed towels or pillow covers