Stress is generally responded to by certain expressions known as anxiety. It is a feeling of fear and nervousness. When a person suffers from anxiety, he is likely to face butterflies in the stomach and rapid heartbeats. Anxiety comes along with painful memories and series of thoughts. Fear of attending important meetings, functions, get together is also a characteristic of anxiety. Inability to sleep, nightmares, and lack of concentration are common traits seen in people suffering from anxiety.
Prolonged anxiety can turn into an anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder can affect anyone at any age. Constant fear and nervousness get associated with the person suffering from anxiety disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders like social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder etc. These can also manifest as physical symptoms such as racing heartbeat, difficulty in breathing, excessive crying, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, cold feet and hands, tense muscles and panic attacks. It can also be in the form a phobia of a certain object or situation.
- Find ways to manage stress
- Try to regulate your sleeping pattern
- Talk about your problems and fears with people you trust
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Exercise to keep yourself healthy, happy and stress-free
- Go to a counsellor or a psychiatrist who can correctly diagnose your problem. Therapy is very helpful in treating anxiety.
- Take the help of herbs like Ashwagandha, Turmeric, St. John’s Wort, Tagar etc.
- Do not eat excessively sugar laden food
- Do not consume excessive caffeine or alcohol
- Do not use medications without consulting a Doctor
- Do not hide your problems from friends, family or medical practitioner
- Feel as if there is no cure to the problem