Back pain is one of the most common day to day problems that may become potentially serious if taken lightly. Simply any pain in the region of the back is known as back pain. It may be sharp, dull, burning, piercing and continuous or a sudden, temporary ache. It may be categorized as cervical at the neck region, thoracic at the middle back region and lumbar at the lower back region. Usually the lower back area suffers the most, since lower back or lumbar region supports the entire weight of the body. Depending upon the time and duration, back pain may be acute or sudden and chronic or long-term pain. It may create discomfort, weakness or numbness along the whole arm, hand, feet or the legs.
Back pain may originate from nerves, joints, muscles, bones or other spinal region or it may be due to the other body organs like pancreas, kidneys or gallbladder. It can also occur due to age, excessive weight or injury.
- Walk straight and mind your posture
- Do not slouch while sitting down
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking 3-4 litres of water a day
- Do some yoga for improving body posture
- Seek expert advice is pain is unbearable
- Use natural supplements to strengthen the bones
- Get a Bone Mineral Density (BMD) test in case of prolonged pain
- Consume more calcium and Vitamin D
- Don’t sit all the time
- Don’t put yourself through excessive stress
- Don’t sleep on your stomach
- Do not live a sedentary life and stay active irrespective of age
Products For Back Pain