Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, is an inflammation caused in the conjunctiva of the eye. Conjunctiva is a thin layer of tissue that lies over the white part of the eye. The most common cause of this issue is a bacterial or viral infection.
It is a highly contagious disease that spreads easily among children. It can affect both eyes or just one eye. It is advised not to go at public places while suffering from conjunctivitis as it increases the risk of spreading this infection. The symptoms exist for at least 2 weeks before any relief.
1. Pain in eyes
2. Itchy eyes
3. Blurred vision
4. Swollen conjunctiva
5. Redness in the white part of the eye
6. Burning sensation in the eyes
7. Yellow discharge especially after sleep that covers the entire eyelid
- Eat nutritious food
- Wash hands with warm water
- Consult a doctor
- Wash clothes and bedding with hot water to reduce the infection
- Do not leave the house without covering the eye. Use a pair of glasses or cover them lightly with a cotton cloth.
- Do not rub your eyes while suffering from conjunctivitis
- Do not share clothes, towels or bedding
- Do not wear contact lenses while suffering from this infection
Products For Conjunctivitis