Running nose, sore throat and muscles, fever, headache, cough and congestion are the symptoms related to acute viral infection or in common language cold, cough and flu. It is a collective term for acute viral infection which can occur in any season like summer, winter or monsoon. It spreads through germs that transmit from person to person while speaking, sneezing or through direct contact. Since it is a contagious disease, it tends to spread easily through air.
Usually, we don’t need much care and medication except some home remedies and rest to recover. But if symptoms persist for a long time, especially continuous throat infection or any other kind of unavoidable symptoms, we may need to seek help of a professional healthcare provider. Prolonged illness may be due to a bacterial infection which requires proper treatment and other precautions.
Flue is also known as influenza and usually a person suffering from it recovers in 2 weeks. In certain chronic cases, it can turn into pneumonia which requires medical attention.
Symptoms of Cough, Cold and Flu
• persistent cough
• sore throat
• muscle aches
• runny or stuffy nose
- Drink more fluids like water, lemonade or ors solutions
- Get proper rest
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Take warm showers and do swarm compressions or steam
- Use nose drops, oils or balm to remove nasal congestion. Eucalyptus oil works well.
- Start consuming immunity enhancing supplements containing turmeric, curcumin and tulsi or holy basil
- Don’t consume excess vitamins
- Don’t take antibiotics
- Avoid crowded places
- Exert your body