Dandruff is a scalp issue that causes white flakes to form. It involves itching on the scalp and flaking which often falls on clothes causing embarrassment. In severe cases, red patches appear on the scalp with a tingly feeling. Generally, people experience dandruff on the scalp in the winter.
Skin layers continuously replace itself which causes cells to be pushed outward. These cells then die and flake off. Normally, in cases of healthy scalps, these flakes of skin are too small to be visible. For people suffering from dandruff, cell turnover is very rapid. This results in large, oily clumps of dead cells that appear as dandruff or flakes. It is assumed that skin cells of people with dandruff shed in 2-7 days and for people who have healthy scalps the period is 1 month.
The intensity of dandruff can vary from person to person and there can be many causes such as:
1. Dry skin
2. Hormonal Imbalance
3. Scalp infection like eczema or psoriasis
4. Excessive oil on the scalp
5. Sensitivity to hair products or shampooing too often
- Eat healthy and nutritious food. Include nutritional supplements to increase the nutrient content in the body.
- Wash hair at regular intervals.
- Use herbal hair oils to keep the scalp healthy and dandruff free naturally.
- Consult a dermatologist.
- Do not let dirt and dust settle on the scalp.
- Do not take too much stress. Stress can worsen the dandruff issue.
- Do not leave the hair sweaty. Wash hair after workout sessions. It controls dandruff causing infections.
Products For Dandruff