Gout is a form of arthritis that can affect anyone and its symptoms are sudden pain attacks, swelling, redness and tenderness in the joints. Gout attacks can wake you up in the middle of the night with a burning, piercing sensation in your big toe. The joint affected by gout is usually tender, painful, hot and swollen.
Abnormal metabolism, improper kidney function, kidney stones, overproduction of uric acid or built-up uric acid may cause Gout. It may be primary or secondary gout and the latter one is associated with other medical conditions. Gout is one of the most prevailing metabolic disorders.
Gout is accompanied by a painful episode including inflammation, redness and stiffness particularly in the big toe of feet which has the potential to wholly damage the joint. Gout can be diagnosed by detecting uric acid level and crystals in blood and joint fluid. Certain causes of gout can be: family history, insufficient kidney function, excess alcohol consumption, consuming too much red meat, chemotherapy, dehydration and obesity. Sometimes uric acid may form a deposit called tophi on the surface of joint, skin or cartilage which is a collection of uric acid at a body part like elbow, ear lobe or ankle. These deposits do not cause any pain but provide an important clue for the diagnosis of gout.
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink 3-4 litres of water a day
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and try to maintain a diet primarily based on plant-based foods
- Keep your joints working or mobile
- Keep your feet elevated
- Avoid refined foods
- Avoid excess alcohol and red meat
- Avoid excess sugar and protein
- Supports healthy urinary flow
- Removes nitrogenous waste material from body and kidney stones
- Flushes kidney waste, toxic materials and lowers urinary oxalates
- Maintains volume of body fluids thereby regulating blood pressure
- Soothes the urinary system
- Acts as a tonic for Kidneys and improves renal health
Products For Gout