Irritable bowel syndrome is a common disorder that affects the intestine. It is characterised by discomfort in stomach and painful bowel movements. It can either result in constipation or diarrhoea. This can be a long-lasting problem if not diagnosed and treated on time. The prolonged occurrence of this disorder may also result in various colon disorders and problems like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Factors that are responsible for irritable bowel syndrome are inflammation in the intestine, bacterial and fungal infections, digestive issues, hormonal changes etc. It can also be triggered by certain allopathic medications specially for blood pressure, iron deficiency or antacids. Certain food allergies can also cause IBS.
Some common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are:
2. Pain in abdomen
5. Loose Motions
6. Mucous in stool
- Consult a doctor and get allergies, if any, diagnosed
- Eat foods that are light to digest
- Drink clean water
- Eat foods and nutritional supplements to improve hormonal imbalance
- Avoid regularly consuming allopathic medication
- Do not take too much stress
- Do not eat oily and fatty foods
- Cut down aerated beverages and dairy products