Kidneys help in blood purification and waste elimination and low fluid volume or excess solid waste may cause super saturation of urine. Chemical substances present in urine form solid materials and get settled in the kidney as a small hard mass. This slow biochemical process is known as kidney stone or renal calculi formation.
Stones may be varied in size and can be as small as a sand grain or larger like a pearl or a pebble. Sometimes these are passed out without any treatment but most may require medical intervention. Kidney stones may get stuck in the urinary tract and may cause severe pain and block the urine flow. Blood in urea, vomiting, chills, fever, cloudy urine, burning during micturation and extreme pain are the main symptoms of kidney stones.
Common causes of Kidney Stones are:
2. High consumption animal protein
3. Carbonated drinks
4. High percentage of salt in diet
7. Health problems like hyperparathyroidism, bowel disease, renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria (high concentration of amino acids in urine), urinary tract infection, hypercalciuria (excessive calcium in urine), gout, chemotherapy etc.
When the kidney stone exists in the urinary tract, it is referred as urolithiasis and if the stone exist in the kidney it is called nephrolithiasis.
- Drink sufficient liquids
- Consume raw fruits daily
- Limit the consumption of sugar and salt
- Use natural supplements to break down the stone and remove it from the body to avoid surgery containing beetroot, devdaru, turmeric, gokhru, varuna, kultha etc.
- Avoid excess intake of aerated drinks, coffee and alcohol
- Avoid excess salt intake
- Do not consume food rich in Vitamin C
Products For Kidney Stone