Migraine is a neurological disorder, extensively affecting people worldwide and one of the most common disorders that is more prevalent in females. Migraine is primarily related to genetics.
The frequency of migraine attacks can be two per year or can be weakly. People suffering from migraine may experience throbbing or pulsing headache, often at one side of the head, which may last for more than one hour. People may have a very frightening condition during the attack with some visual disturbances or hallucinations. Migraine comes with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, confusion, loss of speech, eye pain, numbness, tingling, temporary paralysis and sensitivity towards light.
The exact cause of migraine is still not known. Changes in neurotransmitters may play some role involving brain chemicals and nerve pathways. Effected blood vessels release chemicals that may further cause inflammation and pain. Migraine can be triggered by certain foods, including artificial sweeteners, MSG, cheese, citrus fruits, chocolates, certain beverages like alcohol, artificial food dyes, preservatives, dairy products, loud noise, strong smell, stress, physical stress, some medicines and bright light.
Exercise, yoga, healthy diet, lifestyle changes, avoiding processed foods and natural supplements and oils are classic ways to deal with the migraine.
- Know the triggers and avoid them like certain foods, hormonal changes, loud noises etc.
- Take help of yoga and meditation
- Take your meals regularly on time
- Exercise to keep your body active
- Relax your body and mind and let the migraine pass
- Use essential oils or effective pain relief oils and natural supplements
- Avoid extreme weather
- Avoid high stress
- Avoid an unhealthy lifestyle
- Avoid any stimuli which you know can trigger a migraine