Obesity is the term used for excess adipose tissue and fat accumulation in the body. People become obese due to the consumption of extra calories, low metabolism, inactive lifestyle, medications such as steroids, anti-depressants etc. Body weight is also affected by increasing age, genetic issues, stressful situations and lack of sleep. Certain medical conditions also lead to weight gain such as hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), osteoarthritis or Cushing’s syndrome. With the deposition of fats comes along the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, blood pressure, joint pain, fatty liver, arthritis, high cholesterol and blood pressure etc.
Symptoms of obesity are listed below:
1. Excessive sweating
2. BMI reading more than 30
3. Fatigue and tiredness
5. Joint pain due to weight
6. Too many cravings for sugar and fatty foods
- Eat food which are nutrient dense
- Use natural herbs for reducing weight like garlic, green tea, garcinia, methi or fenugreek and cinnamon
- Drink 3-4 litres of water a day
- Exercise regularly
- Consider taking advice from a nutritionist and follow the dietary changes strictly
- Do not eat fatty foods
- Do not consume sugary drinks or desserts.
- Reduce the intake of carbohydrates as they are also a form of sugar
- Do not have a low esteem associated with the body weight. Appreciate small changes and be positive about your fitness.