The inability to have a clear vision is known as weak eyesight. Weak eyesight hampers our vision quality and causes discomfort in the eyes. With the use of electrical gadgets such laptops, smart phones and televisions, weak eyesight has become a common issue. Other than gadgets, age, genetics, and poor diet can be blamed for deteriorating eyesight. People of all ages get affected by this disorder. Weak eyesight is a signal to our body to increase the intake of nutrient enriched food and cut down the activities that cause discomfort to the eyes.
Another condition that causes vision loss is Diabetic Retinopathy. Diabetes cause the blood vessels in the eyes to develop branches that can leak. This causes day to day changes in vision and can even harm the retina. Cataracts are another issue associated with weak eyes a part or the entire lens of the eye is clouded. It hampers the amount of light reaching the eyes and causes vision loss or blurring.
Symptoms of weak eyesight are:
1. Pain in eyes
2. Blurred vision
3. Teary eyes
4. Swelling around the eyes
5. Inability to face too much light
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin A, C and beta carotene
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, carrots, oranges, nuts and seeds or oily fish like tuna or salmon
- Give enough rest to the eyes
- Splash water on eyes from time to time.
- Drink at least 3-4 litres of water daily
- Perform eye relaxation exercises
- Do not sit in one position for long hours
- Do not look at the screen for prolonged periods of time
- Do not smoke
- Do not delay eye check-ups and use proper eye glasses