Garcinia Cambogia is a wonderful fruit of Garcinia species. It belongs to the plant family Clusiaceae. Garcinia gummi-gutta is the scientific name of this plant. Malabar tamarind and brindleberry are some of its popular names. Being a plant of the tropical region, this tree is largely grown in India, Indonesia, Central Africa etc.
This fruit and its extracts are immensely useful for the human body. Its effectiveness in treating the body issues has contributed towards its worldwide popularity.
This amazing fruit is small in size and sour in taste. It is light green or yellow in colour and resembles a pumpkin in shape. It is used and recommended by many nutritionists and doctors because of its health benefits. The peels of this fruit can be used as spices and medicines. It can also be used for cooking purposes, especially for curries. Also, it finds a significant place in Ayurvedic medicines and supplements.
Nutritional Value of Garcinia Cambogia
- Hydroxycitric Acid: This element is basically the reason behind weight losing properties of Garcinia. It mainly prevents sugar food cravings and helps in conversion of calories into glycogen.
- Xanthones: Xanthones are phytonutrients which have the power to prevent the entry of germs and improve the functioning of immune system.
- Garcinol: Garcinol has proven anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. All these lead to the elimination of several health problems in the body.
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
- Relief from Inflammation: The anti-inflammatory qualities of Garcinia can bring down inflammation in various organs of the body. It is a blessing to all those suffering from inflammatory diseases like arthritis, IBS, etc. A simple dose of garcinia can even help the elderly.
- Helps in Weight Loss: It is a fruit packed with fibre, nutrients and energy. Thus, it energises the body, keeps it satiated and helps in bringing down sugar cravings. With the qualities of a perfect natural weight loss supplement, it can be used for getting a fitter and healthy body.
- Maintains Heart Health: One of the most important constituents of garcinia is garcinol which prevents the blockage of arteries and veins of the heart. Such blocking can lead to major heart attacks and strokes. Thus, it helps in maintaining good heart health.
- Manages Blood Sugar: Sugar levels can be easily tamed with the consumption of garcinia. Diabetic patients can feel better with this herb and improve blood sugar level like never before.
- Enhances Metabolism: Higher metabolic rate helps in better weight management. Garcinia makes the body more energetic which helps in burning fat. It also prevents accumulation of fat and converts calories into glycogen.
- Fatigue reliever: Getting lazy is a symptom of fatigue and tiredness. Garcinia Cambogia acts as a fatigue reliever. Hydroxycitric acid present in it boosts stamina and gives an energy burst to the body.
- Works on Stress: Cortisol level can be regulated with essential elements present in the hydroxycitric acid of Garcinia. It reduces stress and anxiety naturally. Destress yourself by lowering stress triggers in your life with the use of garcinia.
- Regulates Cholesterol: The compounds of Garcinia regulates cholesterol levels of the body. These compounds lower LDL levels (bad cholesterol) and increase the HDL levels (good cholesterol). Further possibilities of weight gain, heart diseases and strokes can also be minimised by managing cholesterol.