Wheatgrass is the substance obtained from the fresh leaves of the common wheat plant (Triticum aestivum). The first leaves of wheatgrass are enriched with chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, amino acids & enzymes. Since wheatgrass is rich in all these nutritious compounds, it is of great importance for the human body.
The use of wheatgrass began initially in the western countries of the world. Various researches done at that time stated that wheatgrass works effectively in removing toxins from the body. It became an important part of the raw diet. In fact, it was often suggested that wheatgrass could even help with the eradication of serious health issues.
The cultivation of wheatgrass is quite simple. It can be cultivated both in the interiors & exteriors. Vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin k, magnesium, selenium, thiamine, riboflavin, dietary fibres, amylase, lipase, catalase, iron, copper & zinc are some of the essential nutrients present in wheatgrass. All these nutrients contribute towards making wheatgrass a very simple & effective natural treatment.
Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Immunity Booster : A strong immune system evades deadly diseases easily. Strong immunity poses threat to pathogens attacking the body. The nutrients present in wheatgrass helps in maintaining the better strength of the immune system. The regular use of wheatgrass can take care of many diseases that could attack the body in future.
- Increases red blood cells : Wheatgrass extracts are enriched with iron & folic acid that are essentially required for the production of new red blood cells. The consumption of wheatgrass is completely safe & natural for patients who need good levels of iron. Thus, it is also beneficial for anaemic patients.
- Lowers high blood pressure levels : Constant high blood pressure levels can lead to a number of other diseases. It is very important to regulate blood pressure levels. Wheatgrass helps in bringing down high levels of blood pressure. It is a safe & natural treatment for patients with high blood pressure. Cholesterol issues can also be helped with the use of wheatgrass.
- Cleanses the body : Wheatgrass is a natural cleanser for the human body. It deeply cleanses the intestines & removes harmful toxins out of the body. The cleansing effect helps in better absorption of nutrients. It detoxifies the liver & helps in the smooth functioning of the body. Wheatgrass helps in preventing bad breath by countering bad bacteria. Thus, it is an amazing natural body cleanser or detoxifying agent.
- Skin benefits : Wheatgrass is rich in anti-oxidant properties. These properties reduce free radicals in the body. The free radicals are responsible for the damages caused to the skin. Wrinkles, fine lines & dark spots are all due to free radicals. With the use of wheatgrass, issues like signs of ageing, acne, sagged skin can be easily prevented. It also helps in treating cuts & burns on the skin.
- Hair benefits : Wheatgrass juice when applied to the scalp relieves the scalp from infections & itchiness. It also prevents the premature greying of hair. Dandruff issues, bacterial & fungal infections on the scalp can be effectively prevented with the regular use of wheatgrass.