Detoxifying Yourself: Essential for Good Health
We are exposed to multiple toxins and disease-causing agents through our food and environment. Toxins, pollutants and allergens in the environment accumulate in our body and over-time can make us sick. If the waste material from our bodies is not removed on time, it can accumulate in our body and give way to various health issues.
Our bodies do have natural ways to detoxify itself. The excretory system of our bodies has been designed to neutralize toxins and flush them out. These organs include liver, lungs, skin, gut and kidneys. Healthy body detoxification is an integral part of optimal health through various pathways. Due to the kind of toxins we are exposed to through food, air pollution, smoking, alcohol and other substances such as allergens in the environment, our pathways can become overburdened and the affected organs can get damaged.
Detoxification of body is necessary for various functions of our body. The more we help our body to detox properly, the more health benefits we will have. Some of the health benefits we get from detoxification are:
- Our energy levels are boosted: Accumulated toxins in our body can make us feel sluggish throughout the day. Therefore, removal of excess of toxins can help us to increase our energy levels which make us keep going throughout the day.
- Essential for supporting digestion and managing weight: The process of detoxification is essential for long-term weight management by eliminating toxins that currently interfere with our metabolic functions. Daily detoxification of our body also helps us to set healthy habits for good health.
- Reduction of inflammation requires detoxification: By eating a diet packed with whole foods and nutrients, we support our digestive system. This contributes to reduction of inflammation as consuming nutrients needed for the body give little way to toxins to accumulate and damage the body.
- Detoxification helps in promoting healthy skin: Whatever goes inside our body through our diet and whatever we are exposed to in the environment definitely affects our skin. Free radicals, heavy metals, toxins can damage our skin and can make our skin dull and make it age quickly.
- Important for strengthening our immune system: If our body does not have accumulated toxins, our digestive system and lymphatic system will work better. This will in turn strengthen our immune system and we will fall sick less often.
- Body detoxification leads to a better mood: Our brain functions can be affected with the toxins and free radicals in our body. By clearing these toxins from our bodies, we remain in a better mental and emotional state. We will be able to sleep better, have a clear thought process and positive energy.
Ways to detox our Body
Detoxification or detox is a trendy ‘in’ word these days. Though our bodies are well equipped to deal with toxins but increasing pollution and adulterated or processed food adds to the chances of bad health and diseases. We can still follow certain tips which help our bodies in staying free from toxins:
- Check your alcohol consumption: Drinking unlimited or excessive amounts of alcohol daily puts a lot of pressure on our liver. This is because more than 90% of alcohol is metabolized in the liver. Liver enzymes metabolize alcohol to acetaldehyde which is a known cancer-causing chemical. Since our liver recognizes acetaldehyde as a toxin, it converts acetaldehyde into a harmless substance called acetate which later gets eliminated from our body. Excessive drinking damages your liver function and leads to inflammation, fatty liver, scarring and cirrhosis.
- Sleep is important: Our body needs sleep for proper functioning of each of the body’s organs. Adequate quality sleep supports the body’s health and natural detoxification. Sleep makes our body recharge itself and remove toxic waste by-products such as beta-amyloid that contributes to development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Drink plenty of water: Water is highly important for quenching our thirst and detoxification of our body. It also helps in regulating our body’s temperature, lubricating joints, aids in proper digestion and nutrient absorption. Our body’s cells continuously repair themselves and in the ongoing process, they release waste in the form of urea and carbon dioxide. Excess urea and carbon dioxide causes harm to our body if they build-up in our blood. Water helps in removing these waste products efficiently through urination, breathing or sweating. Therefore, staying hydrated is important.
- Limit intake of sugar and over-processed food: A lot of junk food can lead to build up of toxins in our body. Sugary and over-processed foods can lead to development of obesity and other chronic diseases likeheart diseases, cancer and diabetes. High consumption of these substances leads to additional pressure on liver and kidneys. Therefore, decreasing the amount of sugary and processed foods can make detoxification easier for our body.
- Foods consumed should be rich in antioxidants: The role of antioxidants is to fight against free radicals and protect against damage caused by free radicals to the body’s cells. Free radicals create oxidative stress on our body. By causing damage to the body’s cells, free radicals can be blamed for a number of conditions, such as dementia, heart disease, liver disease, asthma and certain types of cancer. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help our body fight oxidative stress. Antioxidants include Vitamins A, C, E, selenium, lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin. The foods which are rich in antioxidants include berries, fruits, nuts, cocoa, vegetables and some spices.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise regardless of our body weight helps in living longer and healthier life. It is associated with proper body detoxification through sweat and reduction of risk from type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and certain cancers.
- Drink curcumin-enriched detox tea: Daily Detox Tea contains curcumin with Assam green tea, fennel, ginger, Tulsi, ashwagandha, lemon fruit and fenugreek which actively help in the body’s detoxification. Consuming Platimore Juice enriched with curcumin, tulsi, mandukaparni, giloy, papaya will also help in detoxification of liver and body.
Product of the Month: Daily Detox Tea
One of its own kind, Daily Detox Tea takes forward the legacy of the world’s first curcumin teas. It is a refreshing, aromatic and tasty blend of curcumin from turmeric with Assam green tea, fennel, ginger, tulsi, ashwagandha, lemon and fenugreek. This tea is a strong antioxidant which enables the liver and body’s detoxification. It also prevents water retention, flushes out toxins and is an anti-allergic. It improves digestion and appetite and curbs inflammation. It also promotes healthy renal functioning.
Assam green tea has natural polyphenols and supports the body’s natural detoxification system. Polyphenols are antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent oxidative stress on our body. Tulsi restores liver and kidney functions and protects against toxic-chemical induced internal injuries by increasing the body’s kidney function.
Fennel regularizes flow of urine and protects alcohol and kidney from damage from alcohol and other toxins. Ginger cleanses the build-up of waste and toxins from colon, liver and other organs of the body. Gingerol and shoga in ginger are responsible for detoxification and also have an anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effect.
Ashwagandha fights against side effects of conventional medicines and restores natural antioxidant levels in the body. It scavenges free radicals in our body and has an anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effect.
Fenugreek helps in eliminating toxins through sweat and diminishes strong perspiration smell.
Lemon fruit has Vitamin C and stimulates production of calcium-carbonate which neutralizes toxins such as uric acid. It also stimulates production of bile which emulsifies fat.
Curcumin also stimulates bile production which is responsible for fat emulsification, rejuvenates liver cells, purifies blood, reduces inflammation and prevents internal blood clotting.
Taking two cups of Daily Detox Tea in a day can keep you healthy and protected from multiple diseases.
The Camps that were there this Month!
On 15th September, 2019 and 29th September 2019, we were there at our favourite place. Yes, you guessed it right. We were there at Sunder Nursery, Nizamuddin on these dates. As usual, we received lots of love from our customers on both the days and warm version of our teas was making its way back as the temperature has been fluctuating between moderate and high. Our oils were highly appreciated this month. Both, Tressgrow oil and Arthrogold oil were purchased by the customers and we have received great feedback on them. The special herbal aroma which smells of camphor in our Arthrogold oil was specially pointed out and appreciated.
In the evening of 28th September, 2019, we were at Sarvodaya Enclave in Delhi for a second time. It is a growing market and we love the way customers enquire about each of our products there and purchase the one best suited for them. In the second camp at this place, our old customers showered us with their lovely feedbacks and reviews.
‘To keep the body in good health is a duty; otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.’ Preserva Wellness enhances the journey of wellness with its curcumin-enriched herbal and Ayurvedic products.